CIF WIRe FAQ
1. Can I apply for WIRe without registering a point of contact with SNEF?
No. This is mandatory for any company that wishes to apply for CIF WIRe.
2. How is the CIF WIRe different from CIF?
CIF WIRe is a special scheme suitable for companies in Singapore who are new to workplace integration programmes, or to the CIF. It provides programme options that are easy to implement, as well as clear funding perimeters and caps. Companies with innovative project ideas outside the scope or WIRe programme options may wish to apply for CIF.
3. Can a company apply for CIF and CIF WIRe at the same time? Is there a limit to the number of applications by a company?
Companies are allowed to apply for CIF and CIF WIRe at the same time, but for different projects. There is no limit to the number of applications you may submit. However, the total sum awarded to any one organisation will be taken into consideration in the application assessment.
4. What costs do WIRe funding support?
The CIF WIRe supports costs such as event management fees, catering, transportation and project management. Third-party consultancy services may not be necessary as all programme options provide suggestions for how you can conduct the programmes and what resources the company would need. For some programme portions, it is also not necessary to seek the services of a third-party consultant as you will have a partner to support the project.
5. How much can I change the programme options to suit my needs? Can I tap on CIF WIRe but propose a similar programme that also meets integration outcomes?
CIF WIRe can only support the programme options listed here. Companies planning to conduct other integration programmes are welcome to apply for the CIF based on the fund’s general guidelines. Please note that funding under the general CIF guidelines is not guaranteed, and will depend on how well the project meets the CIF objectives. Applications for CIF that are similar to WIRe programmes options will be asked to tap on WIRe.
Please also refer to this page for the FAQs for the CIF.